Re: font size and plot size

From: Evan
Subject: Re: font size and plot size
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:09:53 +0800

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Evan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Evan <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:29 AM, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>> With the command
>>
>> print -depslatexstandalone a.tex
>>
>> octave produces two files: a.tex and a-inc.eps. No text is included in
>> a-inc.eps. All the labels, legends, title, etc. are specified in
>> a.tex. These text is combined with the figure of a-inc.eps through the
>> latex and dvips command to generated a new figure with the text
>> included. So what I am seeking (requesting?) is in fact some
>> properties that can be set in octave and would affect the content of
>> the tex file produced by the print() with the "-depslatexstandalone"
>> option, i.e. \huge, \large, \small, \tiny, etc. should be able to
>> appropriately inserted into the tex file automatically by octave. Does
>> this already exist in octave?
>>

> I tracked the question to the gnuplot epslatex terminal, it seems that
> the change happened between gnuplot versions 4.0 and 4.2 and that the
> font can be controlled by the gnuplot.cfg file when latexing the
> generated tex file. I googled but find no useful document on how to
> change the font size in this way. Can anyone present an example for
> this?

Sorry for replying to myself again, but I think I have found the
solution to the problem. By putting the following line into the
".gnuplot" file in my home directory, printing with the
"-depslatexstandalone" option in octave automatically generates a tex
file using 20pt as font size.

set terminal epslatex 20

I think it is easy to include such an option into octave and it should
be included (if it is not now).