Re: XLSWrite

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: XLSWrite
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 04:56:15 -0700 (PDT)

Ian Journeaux-2 wrote:

> <snip>
>
>>>xlswrite ("c:\test3.xls", a, 'poi')
>>>or
>>>
> xlswrite ("c:\test3.xls", a, 'jxl')
>>>

> Will give these a try to see if behavior changes.

Oops, sorry, of course those should read:
xlswrite ("c:\test3.xls", a, 2, [], 'poi')
   &
xlswrite ("c:\test3.xls", a, 3, [], 'jxl')

to specify worksheet # and (empty) range before the interface argument,
otherwise you'll still use the COM interface to add worksheets to test3.xls
called 'poi' & 'jxl', rather than trying to use the Java-based interfaces to
add worksheets Sheet2 & Sheet3......

FWIW, on the matlab usenet news group I read about troubles with Excel 2010
(you don't have Excel 2010 installed by any chance, do you?)
It seems MS has silently changed the MS-Office security model, leading to
problems invoking ActiveX. Apparently TMW hasn't solved this issue yet.
Luckily, Octave has a fall-back option to Java.

BTW I think we might better move this thread to the octave-forge mailing
list
  (octave-dev -at- lists.sourceforge.net)
as xlswrite & friends actually belong to the octave-forge io package.

Posting from Nabble I can't add the octave-forge dev ML, so Ian, would you
care to post updates to the octave-dev ML, please?

Thanks,

Philip