Re: XLSWrite

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: XLSWrite
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 04:40:04 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Ian Journeaux wrote:

> Could you elaborate on the "clear all" bug. I am using "clear all" in
> several locations in my scripts. I haven't noticed any problems but don't
> want to be surprised.

There have been a long history for octave for windows of 'clear all' bug.
The maintainer of octave for windows (Benjamin Lindner) have been struggled
with it.
All most all cases, the bug has been fixed at octave-3.2.4 owing to his very
extensive efforts.
However, there have been remained some octave-forge packages might be a trigger
to 'clear all' bug
(windows package is one of them) .

Perhaps it is difficult to fix this bug for the windows package.

We need more contributing stuffs  for the octave for windows!!.

BTW, form the a quick experiment, clear -f causes seg-faults.
clear and clear -g seems not to be origins of seg-fault.

Regards

Tatsuro

Learn more about breast cancer - Pink Ribbon Campaign 2010
http://yj.pn/JAy9L7