Re: howto plot data in 3D

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: howto plot data in 3D
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 21:55:35 +0000 (GMT)

On Oct 07, 2010, at 05:43 PM, Martijn <address@hidden> wrote:

I would like to plot a variable (e.g.: temperature) on a surface in 3D.
In my case the surface is a cylinder which can be plotted in 3D, but I
want to colour the surface according to the temperature. Using mesh I
have only been able to color the surface based on the value of z.
How to do this?

Martijn

Both mesh and surf accept a fourth argument which is mapped to the colormap.

mesh (x, y, z, c)

Unfortunately the documentation doesn't mention it. I'll add it to the bug tracker.

Ben