RE: copyfile() not working on my new Win7 PC

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: RE: copyfile() not working on my new Win7 PC
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:14:24 +0900 (JST)

Hello

HMMM! Your windows 7 system seems to reject the Msys system shipped with the
octave-3.2.3.
Can you execute 'C:\Octave\3.2.3_gcc-4.4.0\MSYS\bin\sh' from your windows run
or command prompt?

For Run Command for windows 7, please see
http://www.nirmaltv.com/2009/01/15/enable-run-command-in-start-menu-in-windows-7/

If it cause the same error, the problem is on the Msys between and your window
7.

If the direct execution of Msys sh.exe will give the similar failure, it is
better to ask in the
MinGW-Msys mailing list, I think.

BTW, the Msys system have been entirely updated May 2010, which is after
version 3.2.4 release.
If you replace your Msys system in C:\Octave\3.2.3_gcc-4.4.0\MSYS to new
version, it might be possible
to resolve the problem.

However the newest Msys lacks comprehensive installer. You have to download the
a lot of necessary
components and  manually extract the archive file using the extracting which
can treat lzma
compression.  It is not easy task for those who do not have enough knowledge on
the Msys system.

Oh! I have just found in the Msys page
*********
 So, all the MSYS components are now available as separate downloads managed by
mingw-get (currently
alpha release).

I hope your problem will be solved.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Tim Rueth

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/