RE: copyfile() not working on my new Win7 PC

From: Tim Rueth
Subject: RE: copyfile() not working on my new Win7 PC
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 07:26:26 -0700

Okay, I typed "system('sh')" at the Octave prompt, and I got a very similar
response (even before getting a chance to do the cp):

         0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error
487
AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x71110000, RegionSize 0x290000, State
0x10000
C:\Octave\3.2.3_gcc-4.4.0\MSYS\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for
cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

As you can see, this is almost identical to the error I got when trying to
do the copyfile() command, except ...cp.exe is replaced with ...sh.exe.  So,
it looks like the OS has trouble executing shell commands through Octave?

If I just call up a Commmand Prompt window and do a copy, it works fine.

Also, the following works too:

Octave> dos(["copy" " file1.txt " "file2.txt"]);

So I can't figure out why I'm getting the errors when doing copyfile() and
even just doing system('sh').  Thanks for any help!

--Tim