Re: Problems with QtOctave

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: Problems with QtOctave
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 01:39:57 -0700 (PDT)

pathematica wrote:

> I contrast, whilst I greatly admire Emacs and Vim and I wished I had the
> skills to use them, unfortunately I don't think it would be a good use of
> my time.

You could have said that ten years ago. Since a few years, Emacs has a
traditional GUI interface. You don't have to learn all the magic keystrokes,
you bring the cursor on the menu, click, get the next item, and so on. And
octave-mode in Emacs is invaluable to colorize and tabiffy the right way
your code. When I hit enter and see a badly indented line, I know something
weird happened, badly closed parenthesis,, unclosed if - endif blocks, and
the like. To me, Emacs learning curve is not that high, and the added-value
much worth the time you'll spend learning it.

Regards

Pascal