Re: Problems with QtOctave

From: Michael Grossbach
Subject: Re: Problems with QtOctave
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:37:02 +0200

Francesco Potortì wrote:
pathematica wrote:
I contrast, whilst I greatly admire Emacs and Vim and I wished I had the
skills to use them, unfortunately I don't think it would be a good use of
my time.
You could have said that ten years ago. Since a few years, Emacs has a
traditional GUI interface. You don't have to learn all the magic keystrokes,
you bring the cursor on the menu, click, get the next item, and so on.

In fact, you do not have to learn anything to use it as any other
editor, just try it and you will see.  And with time, one step at a
time, if you wish, you can learn to use its other features.

I second this! I just started using Emacs pointing and clicking with the mouse. Once accustomed I started thinking that there must be an easier way to accomplish this or that, so i just started looking up the respective short cuts or key strokes for the most used functions. And this knowledge is still growing day by day, partly thanks to this mailing list!

Michael