Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for latest Octave?
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:01:36 +0100

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Pen-Yuan Hsing <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK. I am proceeding as you suggested, and there are quite a few
> incompatibilities...
>
> Since I don't want to make you go through the code with/for me, as I
> already took way too much of your time, is there documentation/reference
> for jhandles somewhere? Ideally, perhaps some sort of guide on what
> Matlab UI features are implemented in jhandles and Octave and what are
> not. This way maybe I can change my code to match jhandles' capabilities
> as best as possible.

No sorry, there's no such documentation. You can browse the code at
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/extra/jhandles/src/org/octave/graphics/.

In this specific case, the error comes from unimplemented properties
on root object. From what I can see, the code is trying to get the screen
size in pixels. This can be achieved in JHandles by using the MonitorPositions
property.

Michael.