Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for latest Octave?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 01:05:31 +0200

Am Montag, 23. August 2010, 22:47:40 schrieb Pen-Yuan Hsing:

> I also tried the program you linked at:
>
> http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-webstart-current
> /Gears.jnlp
>
> After downloading and running a few files, it showed an empty window. I
> assume there should be more than that?
>
> Is there hope for me still? :)

This is a general applet from java.net to test the java opengl bindings, if
that shows only a black screen and not turning gears it shows that your ubuntu
in virtual box has a deep low level problem. I cannot help with that since I
have not the simplest knowledge about virtual box (I know what it is but
that's all).
I use vmware player and server (free as free beer but not FOSS) and qemu (free
as free speach/FOSS) and have only knowledge about these two.

- mh