Re: zenity package from MacPorts?

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: zenity package from MacPorts?
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:24:45 +0300

On 13. Aug 2010, at 20:03, address@hidden wrote:

> OK. We're at the heart of the problem. I showed you an example of direct use
> of zenity, through a 'system' call. When you add some octave package from
> octave-forge, it goes as follows:
> 1) download the package.tar.gz from sourceforge
> 2) install: from octave, "pkg install '/the/path/of/package.tar.gz"
> 3) to use it: do a "pkg load package" prior to its use
>
> You use the MacPorts system, which performs step 1 and 2 automatically. The
> last one is up to you, either from octave command line or inside your
> .octaverc.
>
> Regards
>
> Pascal

Are you sure about step 3?

1. I tried this:
octave:1> pkg load octave-zenity
error: package octave-zenity is not installed
error: called from:
error:   /opt/local/share/octave/3.2.4/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 2005, column 4
error:   /opt/local/share/octave/3.2.4/m/pkg/pkg.m at line 301, column 7

2. With other octave packages installed via MacPorts, I don't need to do "pkg
load package".

Matthias