fltk-Octave on cygwin

From: florence.renalier
Subject: fltk-Octave on cygwin
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:47:53 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,

I am using Octave, installed from Cygwin (on Windows XP). After some research on the Internet, I understoood one of the best ways to include GUIs in Octave (in order to create custom GUIs) is to use flkt-Octave (Am I right ??). I downloaded fltk-Octave-0.6.1 (hoping this is the last version), as well as fltk-1.1.10.1 from Cygwin.

However, I am not sure this is what I should do :

First, I read somewhere on the web that fltk-octave did not support later versions that fltk-1.1.6 ... However, I can not find that version from Cygwin ... What should I do ? Download the old version from the Internet and install it outside cygwin ?? Will octave find it if it is not in the cygwin directory ?

Second, the file ./autogen.sh needs the functions automake, aclocal and libtoolize, which I do not have and did not find on Cygwin (I would have preferred everything to go through Cygwin, as Octave)... Should I download and install them from elsewhere ?

Third, when I compile the ./configure file (specifying the option --build=i686-pc-cygwin because my initial config.guess was empty), I get after several other checking lines :

                  checking build system type...

                  configure: error: invalid value of canonical build

I do not understand what this message means ... Could anybody help ?

Thank you VERY MUCH in advance for your answer to my three sets of questions !!

Regards,

Florence.

Pieddemail