Re: help with jogl

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: help with jogl
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 17:02:54 +0200

Am Freitag, 6. August 2010 16:48:11 schrieb alessio211734:
> Sorry, I'm a beginner and excuse me if my question is stupid but I need to
> know.
> I'm downloading the octave trunk and after I looking for your suggest
> jhandle.
> if jhandle is a octave packet, I need to create a new packet to use jogl in
> octave environment?
> Need to build octave? Actually I'm using the windows binary version.
>
> I need to create a widget in octave with a opengl context to draw some 3d.
>
> Thanks again

Ok, I am not that familiar with the windows version of octave. I have one for
testing on a virtual machine.
I can see there is jhandles available by default (octave 3.2.4).
My question is now:
Are you familiar with jogl and java or is this also new to you?
I guess your widget shall do things which are not available by default with
the plotting capabilities of octave?
In principle you simply program your widget with your favourite java
development environment and then invoke your widget from octave, you do not
need to call jogl directly from octave (this would most likely result in a
complete mess).

Look at java_new and java_invoke functions (help java_new ... from the octave
command line) in the java package howto create a java object and call its
methods to get the idea.

- mh