Feedback: Run and interface external program compiled with ICC (NOT mkoc

From: Carlos222
Subject: Feedback: Run and interface external program compiled with ICC (NOT mkoctfile!)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello fellows!
I write this post as a feedback. After tens of tries I gave up to compile
the octave source. I will use the non optimized octave from the ubuntu:(.  I
wrote my code in C and I am using the fwrite/fread to interface the data. I
have installed also a wrapper to use the optimizaition codes from the Nlopt
algorithms (I suggest!). The final result is good.

I have just a complain about the graphics in the octave, actually since the
first  time I have used octave, some years ago, I have never manage to use
the plots! I can not use zoom, when I change the font size, part of the
letters goes out of the plot window, I have always to export to eps because
the copy/paste does not work. Summarizing it is completely unproductive.

Would be nice if someday, someone produce only a separated clone of the plot
of matlab... In the while I have to think some inteligent way to plot my
graphs using scilab.

Thank you for the help.
Carlos