Re: Windows Package

From: John Hudock
Subject: Re: Windows Package
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:13:30 -0700 (PDT)

Martin,

Firstly, thanks for all your help so far.

I am on Windows XP Prof, SP 2 using Excel 2003 SP 3.  I am pretty certain
that it must have something to do with my specific configuration, but I have
no idea what it is. It is very strange that I can call app.Workbooks.Open
("C:\\OctaveTest.xls") without error, but when I try to assign the result to
a variable I get the error "error: can't perform indexing operations for
octave_com_object type". Does anyone know what this error specifically
means? To me it indicates that the problem may not be with the Windows
package, but with some Octave configuration issue, but since I don't really
understand what the error is, it's hard to tell.