Re: How to run .m file from delphi o visual basic

From: George Kousiouris
Subject: Re: How to run .m file from delphi o visual basic
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:47:57 +0300

Hi,

In a similar situation that I had faced, when trying to run octave from shell many times, I found it very useful and (obviously) much faster to concentrate all the values in one file instead of calling octave for each case. Then I passed as input to octvae the array of values and executed the function I needed for each line separately. It helps you avoid the octave initialization time, which in my case was much more time then the actual response of the function.

Hope it helps,
George

aleksandra wrote:
Hi,

Even though it's like 5 years from the last post, I am writing to ask have
you found solution? I've found shell function which is ok for running
applications from vb, but since I need to run .m file like once in a second
it doesn't seem like the best idea to run octave from beginning every
time... Do you have some suggestion?

Thanks,
Aleksandra