dlmread issues

From: dirac
Subject: dlmread issues
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 05:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again all,

I have a few functions now that read in matricies of data from a .txt file.
They all have a few other lines of code in the script usually to plot some
of the columns.

When I run the function, which I pass the filename through, all I want it
the plots and not the data to be displayed in the Octave window. An example
is:

function gp=gainpeakplot(flnm)
gp = dlmread(flnm);

%Plotting various columns in the matrix gp...
close all
plot(gp(1:length(gp),1),gp(1:length(gp),2),'g')
hold on
plot(gp(1:length(gp),1),gp(1:length(gp),4),'m')
xlabel ('Length of Gain Section (\mum)')
legend ('FWHM (nm)','Peak Gain (cm^{-1})')
title ('FWHM and Peak Gain of Gain Spectra vs. Length of Gain Section')
grid on
axis tight

end

even though I have the semicolon after line 2 (dlmread bit) I still get the
file displayed as the answer to the function... (ans=whatever the file it is
that I read in) which I then have to press 'q quit' to get the plot

Is this something that can be suppressed or is it something I have to put up
with?

Thanks in advance
Martin

-----
Converting myself from Excel to Octave for reasons I hope to find out.