Re: About "warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string"

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: About "warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string"
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 07:48:15 -0400

On May 20, 2010, at 7:30 AM, Dr.cryo wrote:

> > Subject: Re: About "warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string"
> > From: address@hidden
> > Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 07:23:23 -0400
> > CC: address@hidden
> > To: address@hidden
> >

> > On May 20, 2010, at 1:48 AM, cookyzhao wrote:
> >

> > > Each time, when i try to export an emf formatted picture, there is a
> > > warning
> > > message "warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string" for octave
> > > 3.2.4.
> > >
> > > I really wonder why i get this message, and what should i do to correctly
> > > export such emf files?
> > >

> > > for example:
> > >
> > > print -demf "-S640,480" test.emf
> >
> > When I print (using your example) I don't get the error. I suspect the
> > error is from gnuplot.
> >
> > What is the version of gnuplot you hav installed?
> >
> > Ben
> >

> in the fold of octave, i find my gnuplot, version 4.4, and i have also
> installed gnuplot 4.5 seperately.
> i think octave will call version 4.4

You can determine which one by typing ...

        __gnuplot_version__

Another possibility is that the error is related so a specific plot object. Do
you get the error for ...

        clf
        plolt (0:10)
        print -demf "-S640,480" test.emf

If not, can you provide a simple example which does?

I don't presently have version 4.4 or 4.5 installed, but have been meaning to
do so. I'll take a look to see if that is straight forward.

Ben

p.s. Please "reply-all" so that others can benefit, and reply at the bottom so
that those arriving late can follow along. Thanks.