RE: About "warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string"

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: About "warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string"
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 12:22:47 -0400

On 20-May-2010, John W. Eaton wrote:

| On 20-May-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:
|
| | The following command produces the empty result ...
| |
| |     ghostscript_binary = file_in_path (EXEC_PATH, gs_binaries{ng});
| |
| | For example, typing the following returns [] 0x0.
| |
| |     file_in_path (EXEC_PATH, "FOOBAR")
|
| I don't know why file_in_path should return [] instead of "" if no
| file exists.

Looking at the definition of file_in_path (and also file_in_loadpath)
it seems that returning [] was intentional, but I don't see why it
can't be "" instead.  So I checked in the following change.

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/6c50b56824aa

I decided not to change the definition of exist.

jwe