Constrained non linear regression using ML

From: Corrado
Subject: Constrained non linear regression using ML
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:01:38 +0000

Dear Octave users,

I have to fit the non linear regression:

y~1-exp(-(k0+k1*p1+k2*p2+ .... +kn*pn))

where ki>=0 for each i in [1 .... n] and pi are on R+.

I am using, at the moment, nls, but I would rather use a Maximum
Likelhood based algorithm. The error is not necessarily normally
distributed.

y is approximately beta distributed, and the volume of data is medium to
large (the y,pi may have ~ 40,000 elements).

Any suggestion?

Regards
--
Corrado Topi