RE: Installing Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: RE: Installing Octave
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:23:17 +0900 (JST)

Hello

This is a question of octave generak.
Reply is recommended to cc. to help octave ML in addition to the personal
address.

Polynomial equation can be solved easily by the function 'roots'
-- Function File:  roots (V)
    For a vector V with N components, return the roots of the
    polynomial

         v(1) * z^(N-1) + ... + v(N-1) * z + v(N)

    As an example, the following code finds the roots of the quadratic
    polynomial
         p(x) = x^2 - 5.

         c = [1, 0, -5];
         roots(c)
         =>  2.2361
         => -2.2361
    Note that the true result is +/- sqrt(5) which is roughly +/-
    2.2361.

Yo can see the above 'help roots'

Regards

Tatsuro