Re: Octave with FLTK backend on Mac OS X?

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Octave with FLTK backend on Mac OS X?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:13:02 +0100

On 12 Feb 2010, at 09:12, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

Ok, I installed these using MacPorts. However, running ./configure
results in an error that GNU readline was not found. However, I have
installed readline from MacPorts, which is the GNU version as far as I
can tell. Any hints?

This could be due to a conflict with the apple-shipped version of readline which is installed /usr/lib,
you must make shure you are actually linking to the macports readline...
One quick way to do this is to temporarily rename /usr/lib/ libreadline.dylib so that it is no seen by configure.

Matthias
c.