Re: R: Octave Profiler experimental version

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: R: Octave Profiler experimental version
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 02:36:38 -0500

On  9-Jan-2010, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

| However, I think Octave project would benefit from a profiler written
| using the tree-walker
| evaluator class, instead of the ugly patches contained in the 2007
| postings.

I have some plans to work on this project soon, but would welcome
help.  If anyone is interested in helping, then join the maintainers
list and post your ideas there.  I think we should have some
discussion of the design first.

| I think there
| is a new tree-walking evaluator in the octave tree, but I am not sure.

Yes, the current evaluator is written using the tree walker class.
See the file src/pt-eval.cc.

jwe