Re: nessage 'undefined' when calling a function from inside another one

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: nessage 'undefined' when calling a function from inside another one
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 09:16:22 -0500

On Jan 9, 2010, at 6:25 AM, Eden Dr wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2010, at 5:26 PM, Eden Dr wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > To save your path for the next time you run octave, type "savepath"
> >
> > I should have asked earlier, but what version of Octave are you running?
> >
> > When you reply, please copy-n-paste Octave's path into your response.
> >
> > Also tell us exactly where your files are located (what is there path).
> >
> > Then copy-n-paste the result of 'ls("<path-to-your-files>")'
> >
> > You might also attached the two files to your email so that we can try to
> > duplicate your problem.
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > Hi,
> > 1. version 3.2.3 on windows xp (updated and all) +netbeans IDE (though I
> > tried also with the console).
> > 2. The files are in :
> > 'C:\Documents and Settings\eden\My
> > Documents\NetBeansProjects\NewProject\sources'
> >
> > <files.txt><sources.rar><SVM_linear_data.rar>
>
> Please provide mnist.mat as well.
>
> Ben
>
> <mnist.rar>

You've mis-spelled your function call. In the tester function, change the line
below ...

         w(i) = SVM_Linear(Xtrain,Ytrain,c);

to ...

         w(i) = SVM_linear(Xtrain,Ytrain,c);

The "L" should be lower case, "l"

You'll discover additional errors. For example, SVM_linear() returns a vector
which will throw an error when you try to store it in the scalar w(i). Since I
don't understand what you're trying to do, you'll have to either explain in
detail or change the code.

Ben