Re: install database package

From: Alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: install database package
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 18:02:19 +0100

Le 05/12/2009 à 17:34, address@hidden a écrit :

> can you tell me How I can install database package for Octave ?
> I'm trying,but unsuccesfll.
> What other software/package is it necessary ?
> Please, help me...

1.0.2 was broken (clear -a caused a segfault)
it needed swig, which was the cause of the problem, i don't know
if this has been fixed.

i dont remeber exactly the syntax but it is something like:
* somestuff to establish the connection to the databse, with identifier
 and password. It can be stored in ~/.octaverc

* res = sql("SELECT * from mytable WHERE .....");

unless it has been fixed, the result is put in CELL which need to
be converted to matrix (i guess you use numbers)

If you have some programming skills, you have better write a wrapper
to mysql.

I posted one imple wrapper for postgresql some times ago, someone
did it for sqlite, if you do it for mysql we can get rid of the
current package which need swig ;-)

Alain