Linking Octave to Cantera - concatenation error

From: Emil Widmann
Subject: Linking Octave to Cantera - concatenation error
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:28:19 +0100

Hello,

I tried to link the chemical Package Cantera to Octave. Cantera supports a MATLAB interface. It also works fine with Octave but there is one exception. The "1D" class (e.g. for flamlet simulation) does not work. the Error Message is:

error: concatenation operator not implemented for `struct' by `class'
operations
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from:
error: /usr/local/cantera/demos/matlab/flame.m at line 46, column 3

I tracked it down to a line where the method Stack is called

f = Stack([left flow right])
left, flow and right are different Objects which are defined elsewhere in the code.
I posted this as a bug got no response so far.

I would like to develop a workaround, i.e to concatenate those classes manually.
Has anyone an idea how to approach this best?

Thank you very much in advance
Emil