Re: "pkg" command not found

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: "pkg" command not found
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:48:32 +0200

ons, 07 10 2009 kl. 08:43 -0700, skrev Brian Kaczynski:
> I started the procedure to install Octave 3.2.3 but I'm running into
> problems where it seems I need to install a new version of gcc and
> possibly make as well, and who knows what else.  Is there an earlier
> version of Octave that has the "pkg" feature but won't lead me down a
> bottomless rabbit hole of updates to software that I really don't want
> to update?

I doubt it. It is fairly easy to just download earlier versions and try,
but I _guessing_ that you'll run into problems. If you only need a few
packages, then it is usually fairly easy to install them without using
'pkg' although this is not recommended (just uncompress the package file
and look at the contents).

Søren