Error on a simple struct assignment

From: Eric Salemi
Subject: Error on a simple struct assignment
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:49:51 +0200

Hi,

I'm working with Octave 3.2.2 on a windows XP machine. I type the
following 3 commands and get a error after the 3rd (you'll notice the
2nd and 3rd commands are exactly the same):

> s = struct;

> s(1,1,1).field1 = 0
s =
{
  field1 = 0
}

> s(1,1,1).field1 = 0
error: invalid assignment to cs-list outside multiple assignment.
error: assignment failed, or no method for `struct = scalar'

Maybe there is something I don't understand, but I don't see why Octave
consider s(1,1,1).field1 as a cs-list in the 3rd command. As a side
note, doing the same with (2,2,2) as index works flawlessly. Can I
consider this issue a bug? Is there a workaround?

Eric.

Septentrio has moved offices.
As of Monday 31 August 2009, Septentrio headquarters are located at:
Greenhill Campus
Interleuvenlaan 15G
3001 Leuven
Belgium.
Phone and fax numbers remain unchanged

This e-mail communication contains information that is confidential and may
also be privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressees. If
you are not the person or organization to whom it is addressed, you must not
copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. If you received this
communication in error, please notify Septentrio nv immediately [ telephone +32
[0] 16 300800 ]. Septentrio nv will not accept liability for contractual
commitments made by individuals employed by this company outside the scope of
our business.