Re: another "gset term" replacement question

From: dcottingham00
Subject: Re: another "gset term" replacement question
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 01:39:59 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks. Your suggestion does indeed stop the plot from appearing on the screen -- but when run in the background, the process still stops.

BTW, I shouldn't have said it hangs if run in the background -- it goes into the "stopped" state. And further experiments have revealed that a script that does plotting, but does not do "print", does not go into "stopped". Even if I omit the part that sets visible off. It only stops if I include a "print."

Maybe I should write a bug report -- I can't think of any good reason why "print" should have to run in the foreground.

 - Dave Cottingham