Plotting problems

From: Ottar Sætre
Subject: Plotting problems
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:29:28 +0200

Hi,

So far I have worked with matrices, but now I want to make plots. That’s not easy.

When I try the command:

plot(x, y);

I get a series of answers. In the first lines I read: “sh: gnuplot: not found”.

When there are a lot of errors, mostly with if-statements, but also a for-loop.

Errors are one time located to:

…/octave/3.0.0/m/miscellanous/compare_versions.m

And three times located to

…/octave/3.0.0/m/plot/drawnow.m

I have heard that I need to download a plot packet called V3.0. I also tried to upgrade octave.

When I try to upgrade octave with the command

“sudo apt-get build-dep octave”

I get the message:

 “Can’t find a source code packet for octave”

Thanks for any advice,

Ottar Sætre

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out