RE: startup with .octaverc on Windows Vista

From: Richardson, Anthony
Subject: RE: startup with .octaverc on Windows Vista
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:43:26 -0500

We have a similar setup.   We set HOME in the
C:/octave/3.22.2_gcc-4.3.0/share/octave/site/m/startup/octaverc
file, with the following lines:

setenv('HOME','h:\');
cd ~;

This allows the octave HOME env variable to be set differently
than a Vista global HOME environment variable.  An .octaverc
file in h:\ is still executed.  Setting HOME from Windows
should work too, but we have other software that uses the HOME
environment variable and requires that it be set to something
else.

Tony Richardson