Re: Install packages in Mac OS X

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Install packages in Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 20:15:50 +0200

Vic Norton schrieb:
I don't have Snow Leopard yet, but you might try this. It works for me.
    1) Download "Octave.app for Mac OS X" from
          <http://octave.sourceforge.net/>.
    2) Drop the Octave application into your Applications folder.
    3) To be able to use the shebang line
          #!/usr/local/bin/octave
       in your scripts, do
          $ sudo ln -s \
            /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave \
            /usr/local/bin
       in Terminal.

Regards,

Vic