Re: Install packages in Mac OS X

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Install packages in Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 10:23:55 -0400

I don't have Snow Leopard yet, but you might try this. It works for me.
   1) Download "Octave.app for Mac OS X" from
         <http://octave.sourceforge.net/>.
   2) Drop the Octave application into your Applications folder.
   3) To be able to use the shebang line
         #!/usr/local/bin/octave
      in your scripts, do
         $ sudo ln -s \
           /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave \
           /usr/local/bin
      in Terminal.

Regards,

Vic