Re: Building octave with large matrices support

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building octave with large matrices support
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:24:25 -0400

On 27-Aug-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| BLAS and LAPACK are already checked against the Fortran conventions,
| including integer return values (ISAMAX).

Does the check fail if the integer sizes don't match?

| I think we should at least check that the Fortran integer matches
| octave_idx_type, which is an assumption made throughout Octave
| sources.

Yes, this should be done so that the Fortran code that is distributed
with Octave will compile correctly, but we also need to check all
other libraries that we link with and that we pass octave_idx_type
values to.  What's the best way to do that?  I assume it will require
running test programs.  Maybe we should move any further discussion to
the maintainers list?

jwe