Re: Compiling Octave 3.2.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc: which gcc/g++?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave 3.2.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc: which gcc/g++?
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 07:24:58 +0200

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Huub van
Niekerk<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to compile Octave 3.2.2 from source, because the versions offered by
> Blastwave and Sunfreeware are outdated. I've downloaded and extracted the
> code, and ran ./configure. It ends with this message:
>
> configure: error: g++ version 3.4.6 will probably fail to compile Octave
>
> Does anyone know why this "will probably fail"?
>
> Thanks.

Because the failure has been reported multiple times and is due to
bugs in gcc. It's not sure the bugs appear on all platforms and some
of them also depend on configuration settings; you may try your luck,
but the failure is highly likely.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer