Compiling Octave 3.2.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc: which gcc/g++?

From: Huub van Niekerk
Subject: Compiling Octave 3.2.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc: which gcc/g++?
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:31:13 +0200

Hi,

I want to compile Octave 3.2.2 from source, because the versions offered by Blastwave and Sunfreeware are outdated. I've downloaded and extracted the code, and ran ./configure. It ends with this message:

configure: error: g++ version 3.4.6 will probably fail to compile Octave

Does anyone know why this "will probably fail"?

Thanks.