Re: Importing a sparse matrix to Octave

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Importing a sparse matrix to Octave
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:56:29 -0400

Carlo de Falco <address@hidden> writes:

> If your code is free software you could also link it directly to
> octave-lib and let octave-lib handle the file format by doing
> something like:
>
> int main (void) {
>   SparseComplexMatrix M (10, 10, 3);
>   M (0, 0) =   std::complex<double> (0, 1.14);

Thanks for the pointer.  The C++ trick that lets you do

escapes me.  I presume the SparseComplexMatrix has some form of operator
overloading that handles things in a clever way.  So if I want to access
the (i,j) matrix element, is it simply

  std::complex<double> val;
  val = M(i,j);

or is it more complicated?