Re: Setting a gnuplot command line option from within Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Setting a gnuplot command line option from within Octave
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:46:23 -0400

On 16-Apr-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Apr 15, 2009, at 2:44 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > On 14-Apr-2009, E. Joshua Rigler wrote:

| > from
| > problem: A I
| > forces the
| > sure how

| > A your .Xdefaults

| > However, I

| > |
| > | Huh, I guess I didn't dig deep enough into the help to find that.  A
| > | quick test confirms that this does what I expect, at least once I
| > call
| > | xrdb to reload the X resource file.  I'll post a follow-up if I run
| > | into any problems later on.   FYI, I'm running Octave on RH
| > Enterprise
| > | v4, 64-bit.  Thanks for the tip.
| >
| > Maybe we should change the gnuplot_binary function to accept
| > additional arguments that could be passed to gnuplot?
| >
| > jwe
|
| I tried doing that, but got an error. Perhaps *I* made a mistake. Does
| it work for you?

I checked in the following change.

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ff8d7f3ad203

Now you should be able to pass -ctrlq to the gnuplot subprocess using
(for example):

  [old_prog, old_args] = gnuplot_binary ();
  gnuplot_binary (old_prog, old_args{:}, "-ctrlq");

Or, you can add -persist to the gnuplot options so that the gnuplot
window will stay open after you exit Octave.

jwe