Re:

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re:
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:08:34 -0400

You are not going to be able to resize at 20x46 image to a 32x32 one
"without distortion" because the ratio of length to width is
different.  Its the same reason why they have widescreen editions of
movies, because just simply resizing a regular tv image to a
widescreen has to stretch the image.

"Without distortion", you can only resize to some multiple of the
original size of the image.

I put without distortion in quotes, because you'll always get
distortion of some form when resizing an image due to the method that
you use.

I don't know what exactly imcrop in Matlab does, but if you know the
coordinates of the upper left corner and lower right corner of the
image, you can simply do
cropped_image = original_image(top_row:bottom_row, left_column:right_column, :);

I think that would be what you want.