streamlined output (no

From: ws
Subject: streamlined output (no
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:38:33 +0000 (UTC)

Is there a way to get streamlined output from Octave when run from
the command line with "--eval" (or anytime)?

I want to get rid of superfluous messages etc and just return straight,
re-parseable octave code, without newlines for display, extra empty lines,
"ans = " verbiage, etc.

I am writing a hook in Tcl (yeah, I like Tcl...  don't hate me...),
and I would like to be able to send text to an octave process text like

[1,0;2,0;3,0] + 4

and get back

[5,4;6,4;7,4]

I don't want to suppress all output, just have it formatted more, um,
sensibly (at least from a glue-programming perspective).

Thanks everyone again for all the help!