Re: grid minor

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: grid minor
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:43:31 -0400

On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Rob Mahurin wrote:

On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:04 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2009, at 02:19AM, "Laurent Tissier" <address@hidden > wrote:
Hi,
I am working with octave 3.2 and gnuplot 4.2.5 on ubuntu 9.04_ amd64. In the same time i can also test my scripts with octave 3.0.1 ,native
version on ubuntu 9.04.
The command "grid minor" give the result "minor = 1" with the both
versions but doesn't work on the plot with octave3.2.
Other question with "grid minor" instruction: on semilog plotting i want obtain 9 intervals between 2 consecutives ticks, always i get only 5 ones.

Thank you

Just to be clear, is the behavior below what your referrring to?

octave:1> plot(1:100)
octave:2> grid minor
minor_on =  1

To what do you refer by "i get only 5 ones"?

Can you give us a simple example using a few command so that we may see the problem?

Here's one:

        close(gcf)
set(gca,"ylim",[.1 100],"yminortick","on","yscale","log","yminorgrid","on")

Each decade has five minor ticks (e.g. at 2:2:10) instead of nine (at 2:1:10).

Also "grid minor" seems to toggle the "?minorgrid" properties but not the "?minortick" properties. Since default plots don't have minor ticks, "grid minor" appears to do nothing.

Cheers,
Rob

I've pushed a changeset that I believe addresses each of the problems mentioned.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/6a035159ba0e

Jaroslav, this should be transplanted into 3.2 as well.

Ben