Re: grid minor

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: grid minor
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:24:53 -0400

On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:04 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2009, at 02:19AM, "Laurent Tissier" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I am working with octave 3.2 and gnuplot 4.2.5 on ubuntu 9.04_ amd64.
In the same time i can also test my scripts with octave 3.0.1 ,native
version on ubuntu 9.04.
The command "grid minor" give the result "minor = 1" with the both
versions but doesn't work on the plot with octave3.2.
Other question with "grid minor" instruction: on semilog plotting i want obtain 9 intervals between 2 consecutives ticks, always i get only 5 ones.

Thank you

Just to be clear, is the behavior below what your referrring to?

octave:1> plot(1:100)
octave:2> grid minor
minor_on =  1

To what do you refer by "i get only 5 ones"?

Can you give us a simple example using a few command so that we may see the problem?

Here's one:

        close(gcf)
set(gca,"ylim",[.1 100],"yminortick","on","yscale","log","yminorgrid","on")

Each decade has five minor ticks (e.g. at 2:2:10) instead of nine (at 2:1:10).

Also "grid minor" seems to toggle the "?minorgrid" properties but not the "?minortick" properties. Since default plots don't have minor ticks, "grid minor" appears to do nothing.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin
University of Manitoba, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy