help on plot in octave

From: Jason Ding
Subject: help on plot in octave
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:31:24 -0700

Hi, All,

I installed both gnuplot and Octave. Gnuplot and octave work well separately.  When I tried to use the “plot” function in octave, I got the following errors after seeing an empty figure window popping up. Can anyone have the similar experience? Or what may cause this?

Thanks, a lot.

if (exists("GPVAL_TERM")) print GPVAL_TERM; else print NaN

                    ^

         line 0: invalid _expression_

error: Invalid call to strcat.  Correct usage is:

 -- Function File:  strcat (S1, S2, ...)

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is

available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command

`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW

at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden

mailing list.

warning: __gnuplot_get_var__: some elements in list of return values are undefined