Re: Can't install octcdf package from Octave-Forge with Octave 3.2.0 on

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: Can't install octcdf package from Octave-Forge with Octave 3.2.0 on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:38:55 +0200

On Jun 16, 2009, at 6:57 PM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

Matthias Brennwald schrieb:
Dear all
I upgraded to Octave 3.2.0 and tried to install the octcdf package from Octave Forge (on Mac OS X 10.5), but it did not work (see below). Can someone please help me?

Can you please try to install octcdf with the 'verbose' flag once again, like this:

 pkg install -verbose octcdf-1.0.13.tar.gz

I think that you are missing the netcdf library?!

Best regards,

 Thomas

Dear Thomas et al

I solved the problem. I accidentally installed the PPC version of Octave 3.2.0 on an Intel machine. This obviously did not go well with compiling/linking the octcdf package on i386. After I replaced Octave with the i386 version, octcdf installed smoothly.

Matthias