How to disable automatic "match parenthesis" in command line?

From: Atreyu
Subject: How to disable automatic "match parenthesis" in command line?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:11:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I haven't run octave for months, and this morning I started, and the first
thing I noticed was that cursors dance back and forth whenever I close a
parenthesis.

(I must have upgraded something... but I just don't remember what.  FYI, I'm
running a company-customized version of Ubuntu Hardy.)

I know some people appreciate it, but this "automatic match parenthesis"
thing annoys the hell out of me.  How can I disable this?  Thanks!

- Yongjik