embedding octave 3.2.0

From: Soeren Sonnenburg
Subject: embedding octave 3.2.0
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:27:18 +0200

Dear all,

it seems there have been a few changes to octave 3.2's core that break
shogun's elwms-interface (www.shogun-toolbox.org) embedding octave...

In particular, the following functions/global variables are no longer
available:

octave_allocation_error - octave_allocation_error = 0; (to recover from
exception)
global_sym_tab  - global_sym_tab->clear();
curr_sym_tab - curr_sym_tab->lookup("results")

Now I wonder what the substitutes could be and also if there is a way to
change things such that they would still work with octave3.0.x (that
does  not use ifdef's).

Thanks!
Soeren
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962