mean of 2 unequal matrices

From: Huub van Niekerk
Subject: mean of 2 unequal matrices
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 13:36:31 +0200

Hi,

I have 2 matrices: A: 200x1 and B: 300x1. I want to calculate the mean of the combined data but when I do mean_all = mean(A + B) I get these mesages because the matrices aren't of the same dimensions.:

>mean_all = mean(A + B);
error: operator +: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 200x1, op2 is 300x1)
error: evaluating binary operator `+' near line 12, column 28
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating assignment _expression_ near line 12, column 10

How can I accomplish this? By adding the means of A and B?

Thank you.