'pngread' and 'jpgread' usage?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: 'pngread' and 'jpgread' usage?
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 13:03:53 +0200

Hi All

I am the maintainer of the 'image' package in Octave-Forge. I would like
to hear from users about the usage of 'pngread', 'jpgread', and the
corresponding 'write' functions. Does anybody actually use these
functions? I'm considering removing them in the future as they require
external libraries, but I don't see them adding any value as the
'imread' and 'imwrite' functions should cover the same use-cases.

If you use these functions, please speak up, otherwise I'm quite sure
I'll remove them at some point.

Søren