Funding made difficult

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Funding made difficult
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 22:27:36 -0400

On  7-Jun-2009, Stephan Scholz wrote:

| Not sure this is the right place to ask...
| I am a student and would like to donate a modest amount of money to
| Octave. I do not have a credit card and I am pretty sure my bank would
| charge more fee for the exchange of currency than I wanted to give. I
| have good experience with PayPal. It's really easy. Does anyone know how
| to do this?
|
| Maybe it concernes more users. In my opinion donating should be made as
| easy as possible. If I want to give say 10 bucks, I won't spend more
| than 10 minutes on doing it.
|
| Besides, the link to the UW Foundation's secure online form on
| http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/funding.html does not work for me.

As far as I know, the UW Foundation does not accept donations via pay
pal.  If you like what I've done with Octave and want to send me money
directly using pay pal, you can do it here:  http://jweaton.org.

Thanks for pointing out the problem with the link.  The correct link
is

  https://secure.uwfoundation.wisc.edu/MultiPage/processStep1.do

Unfortunately, I can't fix the problem with the link on the gnu.org
server at the moment because there is a problem with accessing the web
server pages for editing.

jwe