Re: How to supress debug symbols?

From: Alexander Mamonov
Subject: Re: How to supress debug symbols?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 16:16:55 -0400

Hello,

I'm absolutely sure that the CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS variables that I set
before doing ./configure do not contain any -g parameters. Another
problem that I have noticed is that while the size of dll's was
sufficiently reduced by doing the -Wl,--strip-debug hack, the size of
.oct files is still quite large (on the order of couple MB each). Can
it be that they are also built with debug symbols? Or can it be that
they are linked statically and thus have such a large size?
Input from MinGW gurus here (Tatsuro, Benjamin) is appreciated.
Thanks,

Alex